Soy Ginger BBQ Sauce
I categorize cooking as an adventure away from computers, so here goes my first venture into the recipe world! Need a homemade barbecue sauce to go with some homemade ribs? Maybe you need some sauce for a sloppy joe? Try out my soy ginger barbecue sauce! It’s been described by renowned barbecue critic Karl Olsen as, “Yeah, that’s barbecue sauce”.
- ½ large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 & 1/3 cup ketchup
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 teaspoons chili garlic sriracha sauce
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ tablespoon honey mustard
- ½ cup brown sugar
- dash of salt and pepper
Instructions (30 mins)
- Warm saucepan with a dollop of olive oil and add onions. Cook for 5 minutes until onions are clear and soft. Pretty standard stuff.
- Add garlic to pan and cook for another minute or so.
- Add all other ingredients to the pan and mix well. Turn the heat up a bit so that it gets to a simmer.
- Cook for a couple minutes and taste. If desired, add more pepper flakes and sriracha for increased spiciness. If it tastes very tangy/sweet, add 1/3 cup more ketchup or tomato paste.
- Let it simmer for at least 15 more minutes, stirring every couple minutes.